The 24th annual G.I.F.T (Gasparilla Island Fly-fishing Tournament) presented by Gasparilla Outfitters to benefit the Boca Grande Historical Society will be held on Saturday, November 21st, 2020.
The pre-tournament Captains Meeting/Cocktail party will be hosted at Scarpa’s Coastal Restaurant downtown Boca Grande at 6pm, Friday November 20th, 2020.
1st place prizes awarded are courtesy of WestWall Outfitters and Josh Greer, Owner.
2nd and 3rd place prizes awarded by Gasparilla Outfitters.
Tournament Tees are Courtesy of Suntech Builders, Pete Sanger, Owner.
1) All teams will consist of (2) anglers, Guides may fish with one angler, not with two anglers.
2) First, Second and Third place prizes will be awarded on total combined length of the two (2) longest Redfish entered from each team on official measuring board.
3) In case of a tie, the team with the longest Redfish will win.
4) Each fish measured must be photographed on cell phone with official tournament medal clearly visible near tail and sent by text to tournament director at 941-628-2175 to be official.
5) All fish will be measured tip to tip, mouth closed against a 90 degree angle on tournament measuring tape.. The tail may be “pinched” and “fanned” to determine the maximum length. Length will then be rounded BACK to the nearest quarter inch.
6) No bait chumming.
7) Wading is allowed.
8) No landing nets may be used.
9) Traditional Fly Fishing equipment only.
10) All decisions by tournament officials are final
17) Be Nice. Have Fun!
*Entry Fee: $150.00 per angler charitable donation to the Boca Grande Historical Society.
*(includes 2 tickets to the Captains Meeting/cocktail party).
*Additional Guest Tickets $50