Event Date: Saturday, May 22nd, 2021
The 11th Annual Gasparilla Island Kids Classic
Event Date: Saturday June 11th, 2022
Event Time: 3:00 pm-6:00 pm
Team Entry Fee: $1000
(4 Kid Team Max)
(Each team must have approved business/corporate sponsor)
*100% of all entry fees benefit: Charlotte County School System, Easter Seals of South West Florida, Boca Grande Historical Society, The island School, The Bonefish and Tarpon Trust, The Boca Grande Fishing Guides Assn., and the Maritime Museum at Whidden’s Marina.
The 28th annual G.I.F.T (Gasparilla Island Fly-fishing Tournament) presented by Gasparilla Outfitters to benefit the Boca Grande Historical Society will be held on Tuesday, November 21st, 2023.
Please bring entry fee to Gasparilla Outfitters along with T-Shirt sizes for all anglers competing. Call 914-907-6628 with any questions about the tournament
1) All teams will consist of (2) anglers, Guides may fish with one angler, not with two anglers.
2) First, Second and Third place prizes will be awarded on total combined length of the two (2) longest Redfish entered from each team on official measuring board.
3) In case of a tie, the team with the longest Redfish will win.
4) Each fish measured must be photographed on cell phone with official tournament medal clearly visible near tail and sent by text to tournament director at 914-907-6628 to be official.
5) All fish will be measured tip to tip, mouth closed against a 90 degree angle on tournament measuring tape.. The tail may be “pinched” and “fanned” to determine the maximum length. Length will then be rounded BACK to the nearest quarter inch.
6) No bait chumming.
7) Wading is allowed.
8) No landing nets may be used.
9) Traditional Fly Fishing equipment only.
10) All decisions by tournament officials are final
17) Be Nice. Have Fun!
*Entry Fee: $200.00 per angler charitable donation to the Boca Grande Historical Society.